The student support program provides support for undergraduate and postgraduate health professional students undertaking clinical or research placements in the Greater Green Triangle region. The program aims to improve the clinical and learning experiences of students on placement by provision of a range of services and resources. Multidisciplinary interaction, for example through shared accommodation facilities, is designed to prepare students to work in multidisciplinary teams. The clinical experiences of students are evaluated post-placement and reported in publications to the Australian Government, students and the broader community. Evaluations are also used to improve the program that is offered to students.
Services and resources include:
- The provision of accommodation, our own and that managed by others.
- Financial support to assist with the cost of accommodation or placement, if eligibility criteria are met.
- Access to computers, the internet and printing facilities, if students stay in accommodation managed by the GGT UDRH.
- Information on towns within the region and on the region itself.
- Free orientation tours in a number of towns within the region.
- 24/7 access to Student Learning Centres located in our Hamilton and Warrnambool offices. These give students free access to computers, printers, the internet, phones (local calls only) and photocopying and fax facilities. Eduroam is available in these locations.
- Information on events hosted by regional Young Professional Networks.
- Our social media presence on Facebook helps you ask current students and staff about life and study in the Greater Green Triangle region and provides information on local social networking activities and upcoming events in your rural area.